Silverfish prefer to dwell in dark, damp area such as basements, Attics, Kitchens and bathrooms. They are especially attracted to paper and damp clothing, commonly found in stored boxes in garage and sheds. They can cause property damage by chewing holes in clothing, upholstery and paper goods, such as wallpaper and books. This is why it important to get rid of silverfish. Silverfish are nocturnal the come out at night.
Silverfish prefer to live in dark, damp zones such as basements, kitchens and bathrooms. They are specially attracted to paper and damp clothing. Normally found in stored boxes in garages and sheds.
Silverfish are identified for their critical feeding habits, oftentimes ruining papers, clothing and wallpaper. Silverfish eat carbohydrates, mainly sugars and starches. Cellulose, shampoos, glue in books, linen, silk and dead pests may be food sources.
Silverfish problems are so serious;
Silverfish can cause allergies
Silverfish often present a minor risk to people and property. They do not spread virus, but the pests may generate allergies in some people.
Silverfish might attract other pests
Their existence sometimes attracts carpet insects and causes unease due to their weird appearance.
Silverfish may cause damage to personal items
Silverfish also eat grains and chew big holes into clothing, fabric, or paper. In large numbers, they can cause a lot of harm. Ruined items often include warehoused files, books, and old clothes.
Looking for residential pest control in British Columbia?
Topline Pest Control provide silverfish control assurance to repair your personal space in a friendly manner. We are on time to help you; our customer services are reliable, and we assist in removing the sources of pests in your house.
Looking for commercial pest control in British Columbia?
Topline Pest Control has an experience of over a decade helping various organizations with comprehensive approaches of pest control.
HOW TO GET RID OF SILVERFISH
- Keep your plumbing in good order so it won’t create a damp environment.
- Silverfish like places where they can live in safety. This means that they will hide in places that are damp, messy and somewhere they can hide and has lots of paper. Keeping our house tidy and clean will leave them vulnerable to the vacuum. Move your things around often, as this will disturb them frequently.
- Check your basement and attic first, paper packed or cellulose insulation in these areas is a great source of food for silverfish.
- Leave a lot of open space. Silverfish might try to come out and run to eat something.
QUESTIONS ABOUT SILVERFISH-
- Do silverfish live outside?
Yes, they do live outside. Silverfish can be found under rocks, tree bark, or in and around dead leaves.
- How can I stop them from coming into my bathroom sink?
Silverfish sometimes breed down into drains due to the moisture after using the sink. Before you go to bed, pour a cup of bleach don all sinks and drains in the house.
- How do silverfish get into the house?
Silverfish come into the house by open doors, windows, pipes and any cracks in the walls.
- Where do silverfish hide in your house?
Silverfish love moist places such as humid closets or bathrooms. Check bookcases, clothing and paper piles. Also if you have left anything wrapped in paper stored, they may be present there to.
Why Choose Topline Pest Control
We all strive to create comfortable environments at home or work. One potential problem to this is the existence of pests in such spaces. Vancouver is no exception.
There exist several types of pests that could potentially be hazardous and a nuisance. That means that residents of this great city need to be aware of potential pests.
You can either fill in an online form to get a free quote or you may request a call by fill in a below form.
Request a call back
Read our blog posts
- How to prevent bed bug infestation in your homeBed bugs are a concern since they’ve become more common in recent years and are extremely difficult to get rid of. […]
- How cockroach infestation can affect your Health?Cockroaches pest control are one of the toughest pests to get rid of and sometimes they are immune to the normal […]
- What to do After Pest Control Sprays for Squashing cockroaches?Pests such as Squashing cockroaches are filthy and resilient. They’ve been really high immunity to a lot of the pesticides and […]