Discovering bed bugs in your home is certainly a nightmare. These small, oval, brownish insects live in cracks and crevices; close to human environment, mostly found in mattresses & box spring. Bed Bugs are mainly active during the night hours and usually bite people when they are snoozing. Those who don’t realize of bed bug infestation typically experience itching & welts caused by mosquitoes. Hence, being a leading brand for bed bug control in Port Coquitlam, we believe it is our responsibility to make you familiar with easy & effective tips on how to get rid of bed bugs. So without any further ado, let’s get started.
Why Bed Bugs Are Difficult To Eliminate? Bedbugs, because of their tiny size, are difficult to find and even difficult to eliminate. They are excellent hiders and can squeeze into really small spots of mattresses, bed frames, and even inside cracks or holes. If you look closely, you’ll see their signs. Some warning signs of bed bug infestations are: (a) Itchy Red Bites, (b) Blood Stain on your bed sheets or pillow, (c) Skin flakes on your clothes or bed, (d) the brownish-red stain on your sheet, (e) Mottled Bed Bug Shell, and (f) the abhorrent-musty scent in your room.
Bed Bug Treatment – How should you proceed? If you have spotted any signs of infestation, professional bed bug control in Port Coquitlam is your best bet. This is because eradicating bed bug infestations begin with cleaning up the place where bedbugs live. Here’s what you can do to get rid of bed bug infestations are:
• Move your bed away from the wall to prevent bedbugs from climbing up.
• Clean your sheets, linens, curtains and clothes in hot water and dry them on a higher setting.
• Vacuum your bed and surrounding area frequently.
• Get rid of clutter around the bed (such as soft toys, blankets, stuffed animals, etc.).
• Replace your infested mattress with a new one.
Effective ways to kill bed bugs at home. A pro-level treatment requires few pesticides or chemicals in order to effectively eradicate bed bugs. But before you wage DIY war on bedbugs with chemicals, do read the directions carefully and stay safe.
• Spray bed bug insecticides on areas they are likely to hide such as walls, ceiling, floor.
• Spreading a residual powder near bed-legs, walls or entire edging area of the house.
• Use heat rather than chemicals. It is a viable solution if someone is highly sensitive to chemicals.
Seal Cracks and Holes. Bedbugs take advantage of their small pesky size. Their diminutive nature does give them a leverage to hide/live in any cracks, hole or tiny space. Therefore, sealing cracks or hole sabotage their existence and keeps your premises neat & clean.
Are Bed Bugs Still Bugging You? Ease your quest by calling TOP LINE PEST CONTROL. In the midst of years of experience and expertise, we are simply the best-known organization for bed bug control in Port Coquitlam. Our expert-oriented service includes a thorough inspection of your home (including beds, linen and furniture) and treats the area with the most viable solution. For a fast & effective bed bug treatment, contact us today.