Can you get rid of bed bugs yourself? Treatment for bed bugs is complex and can take weeks to months, depending on the severity of the infestation. Bed bugs are tiny parasites that seek out sleeping people or animals to feed on their blood. They are attracted to the carbon dioxide you exhale, your body temperature, and your smell. He hides behind the table. Prevention, detection, and control of bed bugs is difficult, but not impossible.
In this article, we will look at the most practical and effective ways of bed bug control in Abbotsford and enjoy a comfortable, bug-free sleep.
What Do Bed Bugs Look Like? Signs Of Bedbugs
Adult bed bugs are reddish-brown, wingless, and about the size of an apple. Immature bed bugs are visible to the naked eye but are smaller than adult bed bugs and are transparent and pale yellow. They tend to merge. The eggs are small, white, and attached to surfaces. Nymphs are brightly colored and measure 1/16 of an inch. Bed bugs can live without blood for several months.
The infections caused by bed bugs leave small, yellow skin and black, rusty spots on the litter that are traces of crushed insect droppings and blood. A red, itchy spot or rash may appear at the site of the bite. However, bite marks alone are not a reliable indicator of a bed bug infestation, as bite marks can be caused by many other causes.
Preventive Measures For Bed Bugs
You can get rid of bed bugs. Try to be patient, as removing bed bugs often takes some time and effort. Follow these preventive measures:
- Make sure you have bed bugs and not fleas, ticks, or other insects. You can compare the bugs to photos on the bed bug identification webpage or show them to your local extension worker.
- Consider your treatment options. Do not touch the spray bottle immediately. Take a comprehensive approach. Integrated pest management (IPM) techniques can reduce bed bug populations and limit exposure to pesticides. If pesticides are required, read the label instructions or consult an expert.
- Reduce the number of hiding places – get rid of litter. A cluttered home provides more places for bed bugs to hide and make bed bugs more difficult to detect and treat.
- Wash and dry blankets, bedspreads, and any clothing that touches the floor regularly. As a result, there will be fewer bed bugs. Laundry baskets may be a haven for bed bugs and their eggs. Remember to clean when you do the laundry.
- To reduce bites, reduce the number of bed bugs. You can get rid of some bed bugs with a thorough vacuum. Place used bags in a tightly sealed plastic bag and dispose of them in an outdoor trash can.
- Call a professional if necessary. Hiring an experienced and responsible Bed Bug Control in Abbotsford will increase your chances of getting rid of bed bugs. If you hire a professional, make sure it’s a reputable company and ask for an IPM approach.
Don’t panic! Contact Topline Pest Control Today
Although it might be challenging, eliminating bed bugs is not impossible. Killing bed bugs usually requires a combination of physical and chemical agents. For fast and effective bed bug control in Abbotsford, look no further than Topline Pest Control. For many years, we have been eliminating bed bugs from nearby residences, and our crew has earned a stellar reputation in the community. Call us now at 01302 969049 or visit our website if you are infested with such bed bugs.